4 HOUR INSURANCE CE FOR MN – Agents in other states can take this course for the following validation but will not receive insurance CE credit for their resident state.
This course offers the need-to-know information about annuities and appropriate sales practices, replacement, and disclosure requirements under Minn. Stat. §§ 72A.203 to 72A.2036. As is required under MN 72A.2033, this course includes compliance on the following topics:
- the types of annuities and various classifications of annuities;
- identification of the parties to an annuity;
- how fixed, variable, and indexed annuity contract provisions affect consumers;
- the application of income taxation of qualified and nonqualified annuities;
- the primary uses of annuities;
- appropriate standard of conduct, sales practices, replacement, and disclosure requirements; and
- the recognition of indicators that a prospective insured may lack the short-term memory or judgment to knowingly purchase an insurance product.
Read this notice for more information on this requirement: https://mn.gov/commerce/licensees/insurance/annuity-notice.jsp
Insurance agents from any state or Canadian province can gain Minnesota validation for required Best Interest Standards for annuity sales and the Long-Term Care partnerships. Get more information or begin your registration here.